- Broke up an eight-year marriage, arguably
- Destroyed Neurocam, according to some (Neurocam continues to function in a lame, shadow-of-its-former-self kind of way)
- Bought my first DVD player
- Visited Sydney
- Took LSD for the first time
- Moved from a cupboard in St Kilda to a house in Fitzroy (the first house I have lived in for five years, fact fans)
- Had a bit of a fucking breakdown
- Collaborated in the creation of a singularly unsuccessful gated community for Neurocam graduates
- Took mescaline for the first time, in the form of San Pedro cactus (and on two subsequent occasions)
- Turned 30, legally speaking
- Took ecstacy for the first time
- Threw my first proper party (and my second)
- Took magic mushrooms (and went to a soccer match) for the first time
- Hosted my first Zenarchist Coffee Ceremony
- Finally gave up and got a MySpace page
- Spent Christmas in Geneva, Switzerland and new year in Manchester, England
- Made my first album
- Started my first business
- Attempted (ultimately unsuccessfully) to write a 50,000-word novel in a month
- Kept one ongoing blog, and co-created & contributed to another, for a combined output of 20,253 words, 344 photos, 10 videos & 31 audio recordings (comprising 16 songs, 12 audio messages, and 3 miscellaneous)
- Wrote approximately 458,000 words of email to 92 recipients (& received approximately 506,000 words of email from 128 correspondents, not including machines)
- Spent 164 hours at the gym
- Held five ongoing paid jobs, of which I lost two, quit one, and currently retain two
- Amongst other things
Monthly Archives: December 2006
Stuff I Did This Year
Filed under Art, Here Is The News, History, Life, NaNoWriMo, Neurocam, Self Analysis, Travel, Weblogs, Work
Greetings From Rainy Manchester
Filed under Art, Current Affairs, Dreams, Evil, Heh, Life Is Good, People, Photos, Pictures Of Lady J, Travel
My Travel Ordeal
As told to j hawthorne.
Filed under Audio, Desperation, Travel, Whack
What I Got For Christmas
Yemeni coffee, British cigarettes and Cuban white rum
Amongst other things.
Filed under Art, Benevolence, Books, Food, Movies, Photos, w0ot
Salutations de Genève
And We’re Away
Being temperamentally unsuited to current climatic conditions in Melbourne, I depart tomorrow for colder climes. Switzerland, to be exact, where I shall remain until the 27th December, at which time I shall fly (unassisted*) to the UK.
Provided that I do not die, that all international flights are not cancelled due to the Terrorist Threat and that the oil supplies hold out, I will return home to Australia on the 13th of January.
Please note that throughout this period I will only be checking the addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and [mybirthname]@gmail.com.
There will probably be a post or two between now and when I get back (possibly more) – but in any case, l hereby take this opportunity to wish you all a banging festive season.
(* NOTE: this particular bit potentially untrue)
Filed under Here Is The News, Life, Photos
That Was A Nice Night
Word up to ~, AG and The Tendo. Kudos to the artist formerly known as Semi. Honourable mention to Jo “my phone died” Jo. Executive producer Lady J.
As for the rest of yiz all: I am sorry that you are failures. Learn to accept and deal with the fact that you are failures. It will hurt less that way. You are failures.
Filed under Drunkenness
In other news, thank you to the anonymous person who ingeniously sent me this in a way I couldn’t respond to:
If you are who I think you are – you’re funny. And if I don’t know you, that’s even funnier.
Tell me – do you get curiously predictable headaches and phantom mice in your bed at 4am, too?
Filed under Art, Benevolence, Dreams, Evil, Heh, Night Time, Nothing, People, Weblogs
Search Hit Of The Week
irresponsible whack “american psychiatric association”
(and omg – update – happy birthday, toots!)
Filed under Evil, Here Is The News, Pimpage, Weblogs
When Nada Met Bob
Here Are Some Screencaps Of Lady J
Filed under Pictures Of Lady J
It was a much quieter affair than the last one. But it was still good!
~ made sushi
Russian cocaine was served in abundance
First Hamish of the night
The drink’s creator attended in A4 poster form
Nada came all the way from New Jersey – what’s your excuse? – only to be strangled by ~ in a fit of paranoia. These things happen at Hagakure parties
Former Operative Johana (Hamish)
Former Operatives Reanimator (Scotch & Cola) and Li (rightly hiding in shame behind bottle of Cascade Light)
Semi (herbal tea and sympathy)
T. (fat rocks of crack, not shown)
Some woman dressed as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz (not sure what she was on)
This crazy Japanese girl gave ~ a terrible time a while back, but he invited her anyway.
Reanimator, Li, ~, a russian mathematician and i ended up watching Fight Club by candlelight at about 3am. I did loads of bulbs.
It was good.
Filed under Current Affairs, Domestica, Drugs, Drunkenness, Evil, Life, People, Photos, Pimpage, w0ot
Don’t Come To Our Party
Your loss, bitches.
Me: Hello. Do you have any of those compressed gas bulbs you use to make whipped cream?
Customer Service Technician In Large Sydney Road Catering Supplies Outlet [beaming in bland, vacant customer-servicery way]: Yes; yes, we do. One of our most popular consumables. Right over there. [indicates stock stand groaning under the weight of vast supplies of nitrous oxide bulbs]
~: Tell me, do you get a high volume of well dodgy-looking tweakers like us, who probably aren’t actually employed in the catering industry at all, coming in and stocking up on massive quantities of these?
Customer Service Technician [absolutely without missing a beat]: Yes; yes, we do.
(And to that small handful of priveliged people who are coming tonight – see you soon; looking forward to it.)