It was good, although I was quite sad a lot of the time for not-Commonground related reasons.
Category Archives: Travel
And now I’m out here, I realise the whole thing probably doesn’t matter as much as I thought it did. There are, I guess, conceivably worse things than confronting the mythical apocalypse with a chaotic media archive and a delinquent blog.
CG Fest was good, although I spent most of it sloughing off accumulated stress and sleep deprivation.
Maybe it’s just the delirium, but I’m quite unreasonably thrilled by the fact that my home for the next week and a half is this hut, whose previous occupant over the weekend was none other than Ella Hooper:
Thursday 21st & Friday 22nd June.
Point of note: I totes met Bob Brown at a public CHAG meeting at the Healesville Community hall on the Friday. (This was the second time I’d met him. The first time was in about 1994, when I shared a taxi with him to a Wilderness Society fundraiser in Canberra whilst dressed in a koala suit.)
My 2010 started on a high. Life was good and all the stars were aligned, etc. Unfortunately the wheels started to come off in the second quarter and the second half was an increasingly shitful and regressive abortion.
- Went to Thailand;
- Started studying art in fulfilment of longterm ambitions (alongside baby sis);
- Went part time halfway through first semester (see also baby sis);
- Reconciled with a former close associate after a long estrangement, which made me very happy;
- Got very suddenly & unexpectedly shitcanned by a then-close associate three weeks later, with the inverse effect;
- Deferred school and everything else and moped around reclusively for months doing increasingly little except thinking about everything, with increasingly hilarious consequences;
- Slapped myself around some for having fucked up so badly, thereby fucking things up more;
- Got a job and started to apply the breaks.
People who’ve been awesome: thanks. People in general: also that other thing. Seriously.
Life is improving. I think we’ll be doing just fine if we relax a little.
Happy new year.
Saturday 20th – Sunday 21st February.
It was ace. Once again, got a shit-ton of audio – and once again (but even more so), it’s pretty much solid gold. So instead of fretting about what to use and what not to use like I did over the DP III post, I decided to just stick it all up; fuck it.