I was wondering
If I could get some kind of receipt
For all of the time and energy I have invested
In seeking to address and resolve
The bizarre interrelational dysfunctions of my family
And send it in to the universe for a refund.
Imagine what I could do
With all of that time and energy.
I could no doubt singlehandedly overthrow the 1%
And still have enough left over
To build a sizeable self-sustaining base on the moon
With my bare hands.
Oh, the things I could do.
And yet we must pursue the projects
Which are important and meaningful to us
Must we not.
Filed under Adversity, Desperation, Discombobulation, Estrangement, Exhaustion, Happy Birthday You Horrible Fucking Bitch, Kill Me, Mentalism, People, Perseverence, Sadness, Shitfulness, Whack
My 2010 started on a high. Life was good and all the stars were aligned, etc. Unfortunately the wheels started to come off in the second quarter and the second half was an increasingly shitful and regressive abortion.
So it goes. We’ll do this as many times as we have to.
Amongst other things (hosting some fairly awesome dinner parties, etc) I:
- Went to Thailand;
- Started studying art in fulfilment of longterm ambitions (alongside baby sis);
- Went part time halfway through first semester (see also baby sis);
- Reconciled with a former close associate after a long estrangement, which made me very happy;
- Got very suddenly & unexpectedly shitcanned by a then-close associate three weeks later, with the inverse effect;
- Deferred school and everything else and moped around reclusively for months doing increasingly little except thinking about everything, with increasingly hilarious consequences;
34 24 2.0;
- Slapped myself around some for having fucked up so badly, thereby fucking things up more;
- Got a job and started to apply the breaks.
I’m not going to thank specific people Oscar-stylez like I have the last two years.
People who’ve been awesome: thanks. People in general: also that other thing. Seriously.
Life is improving. I think we’ll be doing just fine if we relax a little.
Happy new year.
Filed under Adversity, Art, Awesomeness, Benevolence, Damage Control, Failure, History, Illusion Of Time, It'll All Come Good, Liable For Everything, Liable For Nothing, Life, Newness, Not Dead, People, Perseverence, Relational Aesthetics, School, Shitfulness, Travel, w0ot
Friday 2nd July.
Filed under Adversity, Art, Awesomeness, Bitches, Chaos, Destruction, Discombobulation, Domestica, Drugs, Goodbyes, Mentalism, Misanthropy, Mysteries, Newness, Night Time, Not Dead, People, Perseverence, Photos, Relational Aesthetics, Sadness, Schmobos, Shitfulness, Swings & Roundabouts, The Liberator Who Destroyed My Property Has Realigned My Perceptions, the walls are mushy, What Kind Of Fuckery Is This