- “want to work as a machinist”
- “masked woman”
- “salo castration”
- “how do you get 2 eggs on a tamagotchi in australia”
- “peter carey the cartographers” (Presumably looking for the story “Do You Love Me?”, which I actually wanted to post but rejected on the grounds that it was too long.)
- “katie holmes brainwashed scientology”
- Four days later: “katie holmes has been brainwashed”
- A few days after that: “has katie holmes been brainwashed?”
- “teigan fun at the feddish”
- “neurophone pics”
- As always, several for (variously) “neurocam”, “neurocam assignment”, “neurocam operative”… but also multiple hits for “Robin Hely”, mostly from Google New Zealand. Don’t know what that’s about.
Monthly Archives: July 2005
Official lines, in case there’s any confusion:
Bridget Fischer, as all operatives were recently advised, has stood aside temporarily due to conflict of interest concerns.
Charles Hastings is currently acting CEO and a very busy man.
Miles Carrefour and Gertrude Zelle have been suspended from duties pending an internal enquiry regarding “recent security breaches”.
The mail supposedly from Miles Carrefour posted recently on the Neuroboards is a “fabrication created by parties seeking to undermine Neurocam International”.
The Neurocam website has gone down because it “has been hacked and is no longer secure. We are currently working on a new encryption system to enable us to get back online as soon as possible. The timeframe on this is unclear at this stage.”
No one is receiving routine assignments. It is not known at this stage when they will start receiving them again. But they will.
It was a success, I think. A somewhat disappointing seven operatives showed up in person – Cat was there proverbially, and Operative Jojo sent an apologetic text message or two – but these operatives were not in themselves at all disappointing.
One I had never met but knew online. Three I had previously participated in an assignment with. Of these, one had officiated at my book burning, one I knew online, and one was half of the pair of elusive and, of course, mysterious non-bloggers who emerged from their holes – which is always good. One had discovered quite an interesting thing. (dude – email me)
A detailed report will not be made since somewhat inevitably more was said than is entirely suitable for broadcasting.
Operative “no pictures!” Reanimator and another non-blogging operative
An attempt at a collective audio blog post was made. It may require some work.
A good time was had by all.
I was a pussy and had to bail early.
Neurocam will be fine.
Everything is fine.
British Prime Minister Tony Blair says he is “desperately sorry” for the death of a Brazilian electrician shot dead by London police after being mistaken for a suicide bomber.
Jean Charles de Menezes, 27, was killed by police at Stockwell underground station in south London on Friday.
The commission investigating his death said Mr Menezes was shot at close range eight times, not five, as originally reported.
Prime Minister Tony Blair said he was “desperately sorry” for the shooting.
You can tell he really means it, too. He’s really, really sorry. He feels just terrible about it. It burns him up inside. It’s been keeping him awake at night. Honest.
Tony Blair: he means it, maaaan. He’s got that whole “I’m sincere, me” thing down.
Not a suicide bomber at all.
Stop the violence!
I’ve just been on that IRC channel they’re always banging on about at the Neuroboards.
It was good. Adren and Kybalion were there. I talked to Midnight and Colin, who I have actually met. And I encountered someone else from Melbourne who was not an op, but who had inherited someone else’s Neurocam identifier.
And I don’t care who knows it.
I cite him as a major influence.
From Rolling Stone:
“The other night I took an eighty-year-old taxidermied monkey, set it on fire in the pool and filmed it from beneath with an underwater camera,” says Marilyn Manson, sitting in his home in Los Angeles. “It was beautiful, like the Titanic, the Hindenburg and King Kong all mixed into one.”
Manson has come to a crossroads in his career. “I no longer want to make art that other people — particularly record companies — are turning into a product,” he says. “I just want to make art.” And he’s invented a new genre for his new breed of art: “horripilation.” “It’s horrifying, and it’s depilatory,” he explains. “It will horrify the hair off of your legs.”
First up is PHANTASMAGORIA: The Visions Of Lewis Carroll, a set of four short films to be released through his Web site. “It’s the visions of Lewis Caroll — in fact I’m playing Carroll,” he says. In Installment One, Manson explores the origin of Alice in Wonderland’s Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. “I might add that the girls playing Tweedle Dee and Dum are twins who get to have real, genuine sex with each other. I like to make dreams come true.”
Manson is also opening an art gallery in L.A., publishing a book of paintings, planning to convert his basement wine cellar into an opium den (“I don’t drink wine”) and sporting a goatee for an upcoming cameo opposite Lucy Liu in Rise.
He’s also got eighteen songs in the can. “It’s not like I’m going to stop making music and start knitting,” he says. “I just don’t think the world is worth putting the music into right now. First we’re gonna fix the world with horripilation.”
(interview by AUSTIN SCAGGS)
Some of Ben’s many tattoos:
And my favourite:
Things Ben bought whilst visiting Melbourne:
- Diskonto – “We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About” LP (“Raging dis-core; possibly Swedish, maybe Japanese people singing in Swedish”)
- The Curse of Shank – self-titled LP (“Scottish power-violence”)
- Combat Wounded Veteran – “Duck Down For The Torso” 10″ EP (“Awesome screaming artcore”)
- Dead Silence – “Hell, How Could We Make Any More Money Than This?” 7″ (“Colorado guys making fun of Bad Religion“)
- Spazm 151 – self-titled LP (“Raging Texan hardcore”)
- A-Ha – “Take On Me” 7″ (“I can’t believe I paid $5 for this”)
- Blondie – “Parallel Lines” LP (“Did you know Hanging On The Telephone was a cover?”) (NB I didn’t.)
- Joe Satriani – “Surfing With The Alien” vinyl LP (“Fuck yeah!”)
- Brian The Dog from Family Guy (“He might be based on Snoopy“)
- Video of John Woo‘s Bullet In The Head (“John Woo! Fuck yeah!”)