You will need:
- Roasting potatoes
- Dill, rosemary & salt
- Ginger & garlic
- Salmon cutlets
- Spinach (or alternately lettuce, if perchance the spinach you thought you had looks like this:
… and smells even worse)
- Soy sauce
- A lemon
- Preheat oven to 200C whilst parboiling chopped potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Put the potatoes in a pan with olive oil, dill, rosemary and salt. Roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Turn the potatoes, and add the pumpkin. Return to the oven for a further 30 minutes. Turn once more, then return to oven again until serving time.
- Commence steaming broccoli.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a frypan and saute garlic & ginger for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add salmon cutlets.
- Turn heat to high for one minute and sear both sides. Return flame to medium.
- Add a few of drops of soy sauce, a smidgeon of honey, and a handful of chopped
coriander and a little parsley. Cook as one would a steak.
- Five minutes before serving, remove salmon from pan (keep warm in oven), add
spinach lettuce, and stir through the juices in the pan.
- Serve salmon on bed of
spinach lettuce, accompanied by boiled roast potatoes in their jackets and some steamed butternut pumpkin and steamed broccoli.
- Lemon juice to taste.
It worked for this fish wuss.