So, my old phone is definitely lost.
I need to get another as a matter of priority.
Having conducted a whirlwind survey of the market I’ve narrowed it down to two options. But now, just for a fucking change, I’m paralysed by indecision.
First, there’s the Nokia 6610i. This is the sensible option.
– Within my price range
– Familiar, since it is just my old phone with a camera in it
– It’s just my old phone with a camera in it; get real
Then there’s the 6101.
– Is desperately sexy and I want it so bad
– MP3 ringtones
– Have basically already decided on a level deeper than I can entirely control that it will be mine
– Strong & convincing case can be made that, at A$400, it’s about twice as expensive as I can reasonably afford
– Advertising tends to suggest it’s really a girl’s phone
I am at an impasse.
Maybe I could sign a contract and do a deferred payment deal-thing. I wonder if I’d qualify. Probably not. I have a clear credit history but only fairly casual employment.
Somebody tell me what to do.
UPDATE – I just talked to Virgin Mobile (incidentally, what do we think about their bizarre ‘please stop pranking Jason Donovan on the following number’ campaign? Lame, or quite funny & clever? Once again.. I just can’t decide. In any case it seems to have worked on me) and they told me I could indeed have a 6101 with more than enough included credit for a paltry $25 a month over two years.. YAY! BUT they’re out of stock till mid-November. Arrgh!